POST 4 >> "YOUR FAVORITE BOOK"

My favorite author is J.R.R Tolkien, he was British born in South Africa, an author, academic, poet and philologist. Since I always liked the movies inspired on his works, I wanted to read the original story, so I found the three books of 'The Lord of the Rings' on my house (my father read it). I don´t remember when I start them but I finished when I was 17, and the first book 'The Fellowship of the Ring' has been my favorite book for years. Ï like Tolkien because I've always liked stories with fantasy and adventures, but all this in a different world, and that's what Tokien made, a whole new world and language to develop his brilliant stories. You all probably heard about The Hobbit, but you can't imagine how many stories he created! Recently I am collecting 'The History of Middle Earth' 13 volumes about different aspects and stories about Middle Earth (The world that tolkien created) and I just have 3 of them, I guess soon my favorite book is going to change. 



The last book I read was quite different, it was Tokio Blues (Norwegian Wood) by Haruki Murakami, the story is centered in Tokio, Japan during the 60's, a student who transits youth and the beginnings of sexuality until reach the adulthood problems and social relations. I recommended to people who like slow and emotional stories with a lot of psychological details and dialogs.


Comentarios

  1. I heard good comments about Tokio Blues, seems to be a good story to read in the future.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I never expected that Tolkien has a 13 book colection!! omg, I think you need to take a full year to read it complete ... Anyway I think he is a genious. how can you create a full world of your imagination and write more than 15 books about it??? omg it´s like he created a complete parallel universe....

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I'm sorry, I tried to watch the movie of The Lord of the Rings, but I always fall asleep. So I think I could't read that big quantity of books.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

POST 8 >> SUMMER PLANS

POST 1 (WEEK 3) >> A COUNTRY I'D LIKE TO VISIT

Practice Post